Axolotl Playing Cards features original art for every card in the deck (Court cards, Aces,Joker, regular number cards and back design). Inspired by the Axolotl and its natural environment, the design focuses on 3 main elements:
- The Axolotl
- Water hyacinth
The Aces were inspired by the Axolotl's cute, almost child-like, looks and the curious interaction that they sometimes have with different plants (in this case, the water hyacinth).
The Court cards have been designed to reflect what it would be like if they lived like the Axolotl under water all the time -- with air bubbles, floating hair and clothes, and even moss being present on some parts of their clothing.
The tuck box is printed on a matte finish, special black cardboard. Details are printed with a spot UV finish, producing a shiny, blacker finish over the matte box. This creates a black on black effect.
The Joker design is a full body representation of the Axolotl. There's only 1 Joker in this deck.
The numbers have been combined with elements from the plants and Axolotl in order to make them more round, organic and unique.
Axolotl Playing Cards
- 56 cards (52 cards + 1 Joker + 1 double face card + 1 duplicate Queen of Hearts card + 1 educational card about the Axolotl).
- Fully custom art for all the Court cards, Aces and Joker.
- Matte black tuck box and spot UV ink print for all the details.
- Designed in México by Sextante Studio.
- Produced by Enigma.
- Printed by Cartamundi in Belgium on their amazing True Linen B9 Finish.